Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My Perspective On Our Unschooling Experiment

Hi, I am Bella. I am giving my opinion on the unschooling experiment we are doing. I will give it an 8 out of 10. I think it is fun, but it's definitely not what I expected. My mom said that we could just learn at our own pace and decide what we wanted to learn. But then, she decided that we were not going to do that. I was a bit upset. At first when we started I thought that we would get a "break", but no. I thought that we would not have to get up as early as we did and maybe we would be able to go on "fun" field trips. But I was wrong. It's still up at 6:45am. We have been able to go to more fun places though! So it is mostly really fun. I am glad we don't have to do any more work books. We do watch history movies about the different world wars and stuff, but that's not so bad. I use a website called "BrainPop". It's kinda cool,I guess. We (my younger brother and I) keep school journals. We write a small passage about what we learned that day. I do my journal in a notebook and I write my passages. My younger brother has an online journal. He types his. Sometimes all I do for my learning time is lay in my bed and curl up with a good book (and my cat, youyou). I love reading my books and writing in my journal the most. The best part about unschooling is that I feel relieved of the pressure of having to get school done so I can call my friends on the phone or playing on my iPod. This way, I can do those things and still do school without having any pressure! And that....is my perspective on the "Homeschool Mama plus 3 unschooling experiment".    

No comments:

Post a Comment