Saturday, March 17, 2012

Week 1...Welll....

okay so we have finished up our first week of unschooling. The kids loved it and it was nice not having to worry about getting all the workbooks finished. We had a few great outings including the Kennedy Center, The Zoo, Rollerskating, and a morning out with Grandmommie. Tristan stumbled across a science experiment he wants to do in a magazine he was reading...disecting an eyeball. So I will call around to the butchershops and see if I can find one. If not, I will see if I can order one from somewhere. Hannah spent a good portion of the week rearranging her room to fit her american girl dolls. She created a school area and a home area for them, sewed them school uniforms for three of them that didn't have them and created some fashions out of dinner napkins for several as well. We visited the library and took out several fun looking books, even one for me, The Bronze Horseman.

I am trying hard not to worry about the schoolwork that was on my schedule that we are not doing, but to embrace all we are doing. We planned and bought seeds for the gardens and are going to start our seeding indoors this week. We also did a little math on Brain Pop and watched some personal accounts from WWII on video.

So all in all, it was a productive week I think. It doesn't feel like we did much but when I see it on "paper" here, it certainly sounds like a lot.

Can't wait to see what next week brings! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment